Pages

Monday 29 April 2013

Tilda In Cottondress


What?!? It's Monday again? Time seems to be moving too quickly and now we're at the end of April. For us here in the Philippines, there's one month left for summer and by June it's school time once again.

Summer is still scorching and all I want to do is soak on the tub and drink orange soda! lol.. But alas, I cannot do that. So I just do the next best thing and that is to do more coloring. I am so in love with this collection that I have somehow colored almost all the stamps that I have. The next thing is putting them in projects mostly cards and maybe some tags.

Here's Tilda in Cottondress or as we fashionistas may call it - a maxi dress :)


Tilda in Cottondress
Materials: Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned Papers: Magnolia and Basic Grey; Rhinestones: Prima; Flowers: Maya Road, iamroses; lace, pompoms, twine, pistils and sprays, pearl string, fabric calla lillies, Stickles, Distress Inks, corrugated board, gesso
Stamping: Tilda in Cottondress from Once Upon a Time 2013; Xpress It Blending Card; Memento Ink;  Copic Markers
Tools: Envelope Edge, Events Flags, Peacock Feathers and Sprawling Ferns from dooHickey



I didn't have any training in Copic coloring. All I needed to know I can find in the internet :) and of course lots of practice (which is the best part of all in my opinion). I wanted an off white dress for Tilda so I colored her dress in C's and covered it in B0000 and it gave a bluish hue which is really nice. I did the same for another Tilda stamp but I covered it on R0000 and it had a purplish hue which is also pretty :)




The Peacock Feather dies are really intricate and pretty. And do you see the Envelope Edgers? I layered 2 of the die cuts and inked the edges and made them peek out a bit for interest and layer.




The Events Flags are really versatile. In this card I used 2 different kinds of banners, use the same banners to make flags or mix and match them :)




And below are the colors I used to color Tilda..





Tilda in a Cottondress is a stamp included in the Spring Stampclub and guess what? Magnolia is having a sweet giveaway that will make you happy for the rest of the year! Visit the Magnolia Inspiration Blog for more details.

Thanks for dropping by and have a great week ahead :)


1 comment: