Pages

Saturday 7 April 2012

Still experimenting...

Hi everybody!
I've stuffed myself full with chocolates and marshmallow rabbits to the max and I know serious walking and sweating is in the midst to burn all those calories off :) But hey it's easter so that's a good excuse to fill our stomachs with sweets :)
I'd like to share a card with all off you, it's not really stellar but I thought it would be really good to share this experimenting journey. I am still trying to master my hand in using distress inks and this is one of the cards I did. I was looking for hot pressed watercolor paper, a couple of the DT girls use this paper because of the smooth surface, but it costs a fortune :( luckily I was able to find a small artshop here in Singapore that sells 'em :) I did buy the cheapest among the lot since I am still on the learning curve. The cold press paper is also good because of the textured effect and I also like this effect on this image. At the moment I have three papers I am using, I like to keep them handy because sometimes my mood changes :) So I have the Daler Rowley Aquafine Coldpress 300gsm, Canson Watercolour Pad 200gsm and Schut Aquarellebloc Hot Pressed 300gsm.
On this card, I used the Daler Rowley Aquafine Coldpress 300gsm paper. It's still quite messy but like my previous card, I kinda like it :) What I did to make it a bit messy is to outline the image with Weathered Wood. The few images I did also with Distress Inks I have not lined and it looks really good too :) I will share some soon but in the meantime here's my card :)

Materials: Patterned Papers: My Mind's Eye; Cardstock: Bazzill; Brads: Basic Grey; Flowers: Prima and I am Roses; Misc Ribbon and Twine
Stamping: Magnolia Stamps Tilda with Butterfly Dress from the Butterfly Dreams Collection; Archival Ink, Distress Inks, Autumn Leaves Stamps

.. still a bit messy but it's okay :) ...

Thanks for looking and have a great week ahead :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I also like to try different papers and are trying hotpressed aswll right now. I like it a lot, the colours appears to be brighter and it stands some rough work with the brush.
    I am lokking forward to follow your experiment with paper here!
    Happy Easter! Hugs Lillemor

    ReplyDelete
  2. great experiment, Pearl ..
    keep creating!!
    hugs,
    Yulis
    http://yuliswithmagnolia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice colourful card Pearl. It is so nice to see how others are experimenting with papers and materials. It is always oké if you have much fun with it. Nothing need to be perfect. It's only the joy you have that counts.
    I wish you much more fun.

    Greetings Henny.

    ReplyDelete